Monday, November 9, 2009

Masters of the occult

I've been enamoured with the dark side of life since I was a kid, be it my love for Darth Vader over the force, heavy music, or movies and books chock full of blood, guts, and Lucifer. There really isn't a good reason other then it interests me. I was raised well adjusted, good parents, good student, no religion pushed down my throat to backlash against and yet still I've always had a weird fascination with it. Anyway around 1997 I started listening to a lot of ill Black Metal some years later a buddy of mine gave me a book called "Lords of Chaos" for a Christmas present. There in lies the irony, I know. I gave him a rare Integrity record, we made out like bandits. Anyhow I thoroughly enjoyed the book and it's tales of Scandinavian metal heads rebelling against Christianity in their country, which once flourished as the Nordic center of the earth.
Recently I stumbled on a trailer for a movie "Until the Light Takes Us." I'm sure it wont be the coolest but I will definitely still be checking it out.
Here's the trailer for it













1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Long live Aleister Crowley!

    ReplyDelete